• Register Today It's free!

2002 ford explorer sport trac

MarkI

Reaction score
City, State
Albion, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 sport trac
I have replaced the front calipers, pads and rotors and the pads and springs in the rear, I have tried gravity drip, i bled the bleeders i dont know how many time even from right rear and ending to left front, but no matter what I do i cannot get the air GUSH you normally should get. The brakes are spungy. I tried bleeding with the truck running tried bleeding the brakes not running tried bleeding the brakes with emergency brakes on and the gear in Neutral. even bled the sensor tip. Can anyone give some advice as to what is going on? I have changed brakes many times and never had this much trouble. I mean I must have 60 hours in it should have taken it in but i like to things if i can to save money

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Caliper sides switched? Bleeders up? I do not understand what you are asking, as for bleeders they all bleed steady but no gushing as for caliper sides switched, do you mean switch the right to the left?

Left and right are easy to mix up. If bleeders are on the bottom you will never get the air out. Also, did you let the reservoir run dry?

the bleeders are pointing upward

swshawaii YOU MY FRIEND are a LIFE saver! as soon as you explained that I knew you were right, normally I go to AUTOZONE and this time I went to Advanced Auto here in Michigan and as I opened the boxes I was like which is left and which is right well all they have is numbers on the boxes but how am I to know what the numbers mean but then as I was reversing them i was like you know, I should have caught on the bleeders are on top in the back, but I THANK YOU from the bottom of my feet and my poor hands and my ribs, I broke 5 in 2013 and just last saturday i tripped and landed on an object and about paralyzed me went to the doctor and found out 2 were fractured even though I had assistance in doing all of the work all I can say is WOW and the funny thing is I KNEW it was something simple right under my nose here I was so close to giving up and taking it to the garage, ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU I HAVE BRAKES that will throw you through the window! I am a HAPPY man THANK YOU!

Strange as it seems, a somewhat common mistake when calipers are removed. Take care bro, glad you're stopping safely again. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back