2002 S/T 4.0l O2 sensor P/N | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 S/T 4.0l O2 sensor P/N

ptf18

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac
Fellows. Anyone have the p/n(s) for 3 O2 sensors on the '02 S/T with the 4.0l engine? Motorcraft or Ford p/n's only.

I don't know if the 3 are all the same p/n or not.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fellows. Anyone have the p/n(s) for 3 O2 sensors on the '02 S/T with the 4.0l engine? Motorcraft or Ford p/n's only.

I don't know if the 3 are all the same p/n or not.

Thanks

RockAuto shows Motorcraft (upstream only) as:
MOTORCRAFT DY847 {#XL3F9F472BA, XL3Z9F472BA} Heated Upstream

Downstream sensor is to measure CAT efficiency only. Does not effect how the engine runs.

I would not have any issue using Bosch brand O2 sensors. The upstream and downstream sensors themselves are likely the same, but the wires are likely different lengths.

Thanks Koda. I contacted Ford. They gave me the following p/n. 2 each XL3Z-9F472-BA ( I assume yare the 2 upstream units M/C # DY847) And 1 each GU2Z-9G444-A ( I assume the after cat unit M/C # DY1040 or DY1401)

Fellows: Any idea how the O2 sensors are numbered on the '02 S/T with the 4.0l engine? I "assume" that:

Passenger side by the exhaust manifold is Bank 1/Sensor 1
Driver side by the exhaust manifold is Bank 2/Sensor 2

and the one by the Cat is Bank 1/ Sensor 2

i'm not sure I understand your question,,,

The passenger side is bank 1 so upstream O2 sensor 1, bank 1 is on the passenger side down pipe. The driver's side is bank 2 so upstream O2 sensor 2 is on the driver side down pipe. The O2 sensor on the exhaust pipe after the CAT is the post-CAT O2 sensor. As I said earlier, the three O2 sensors are likely identical in design other than the length of the wires, the post CAT sensor having the longest wires.

Back