• Register Today It's free!

2002 Sport Trac Bed Extender

spectra

Reaction score
City, State
Pensacola, FL.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac XLT
Just purchased a used 2002 Sport Trac and one of the bed extender pivot lock pins was missing. I checked with the local Ford dealer and was told the part ( 1L5Z 99286B26 AA OR 1L3Z84286B26 AA) was discontinued/obsolete. Anyone know of a source for this item? Thanks

You're talking about the removable pins that keep it locked in the extended position (out over the tailgate) or in the retracted position (inside the bed/tailgate), right?

I ended up using a wooden dowel I had in my scrap wood collection. It fits just fine. I just got lucky. You might try your local hardware or hobby store for a suitable dowel you can cut down. They usually come in 24"-36" lengths. I also considered buying some plastic and turning it down on my mini-lathe, but the dowel worked well, so that wasn't necessary.

However, subsequently, in another thread I found out it's the same bed extender is used in several years of the F150 pickup. I never tried having the local Ford dealer look at F150s for the pins.

The last option would be a junk yard. My recent experience with them is that they're asking more for used parts than Rock Auto wants for new ones.

Put those part numbers into an eBay search. Lots there. I just bought some for my extender.

What was your parts source? I've had my local Ford dealer try them - discontinued. Same with Rock Auto. Where did you get them?

Back