2002 Sport Trac - no power to Computer Scanner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Sport Trac - no power to Computer Scanner

hoorawflyguy

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Cod, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac 4x4
Hello, got an engine code today, went home plugged in my Actron OBD 2 pocketscan and receive no power to the scanner. I plug the scanner into my wife's Taurus and my father's E350 and it work fine. any ideas? Its been over heating and i just replaced the thermostat this afternoon. checked the pins in the scanner and the terminal in the truck and all looks fine.

2002 Sport Trac 4.0L SOHC V6

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check your fuse for the OBD II port and cigarette lighter, same fuse. It's probably blown which will kill the power to the port. I believe it's the number 17 fuse on the drivers side of the dash, might wanna check the book on that but I'm pretty sure that's the one. I had the same problem awhile back.

Check your fuse for the OBD II port and cigarette lighter, same fuse. It's probably blown which will kill the power to the port. I believe it's the number 17 fuse on the drivers side of the dash, might wanna check the book on that but I'm pretty sure that's the one. I had the same problem awhile back.

You are correct sir. thank you!

... My #17 fuse was blown and nothing happened to me yet.. ? i still havent replaced it.

If your fuse is blown for the OBD II port/ cigarette lighter nothing will happen, you just can't use either until the fuse is replaced.

What are the probable causes for this fuse to blow?

Short in the lighter, coins falling into the lighter socket when no lighter is in place ......

The socket is horizontal, there doesn't appear to be anything in there. Guess I'll try to trace the wires, looking for a short and look on the socket as well.

I'm having the same problem. Cigarette lighter works, no blown fuses but scanner gets no reading at all.

Back