Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2002 Transmission

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by Dane B Gillis, July 11, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Dane B Gillis

Dane B Gillis New Member

City, State:
    Fairdale
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    I have a 2002 Ford explorer 4.6 V8 2 wheel drive it has the no maintenance transmission and it's slipping real bad has shifted on the column do I get the transmission rebuilt or do upgrade or I don't know what I should do.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Elessar65

Elessar65 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Wichita, Ks
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    98 Sport
    I was going to say check the fluid first, but there's not an easy way to do that in yours. Its kind of like a differential, fill it until it comes out, and that's the right amount. The first thing, if you don't have tools and diagnostic equipment like a scan tool (not code reader), is to find a reputable shop and get it diagnosed.