2002 XLT little accident need help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 XLT little accident need help

02ex

Reaction score
City, State
york, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
Only my second post here because I haven't had any issues. With recent snow I had a run in with a bank and it messed my bumper cover up. Need to know best options to fix this. Tight on money now. Unemployed school student.
KZaAVySGq1LJcHr7MXN5jiG_BRsO48737dGieNQSZkRw3Xn3xFPKCsORUfhVrU3JhSBdHyoaqLwioKwzh205JR9rf3aF8mtUI6ASfzst8D8N8om_7zkcon45MjDLdRcsC58fPDBX4ubtxwYyfHdxQaUVtjnM4LEE8yBXg44a8675K-6NS6blDE4WxtWSAnJYOFTYpa0wIHS3DnPybprUA8IVQzpbU4dxHMmn9WkzvmoDPbMiyftszRPJByTQeNoy-nbxTzEiEG3jmocHtyJXg0IoWWQnO9hMKnSRe04qN2eEv7S9lGoh1rTZxpGJeQ3if2yf08__68EfhU52WYtEpgFOFwaI1M6SRHdWsdQgGxy7Hfrk4iNqykMX8RXFx-s2FaGHsiba_vzlpZ-aAI8D1UqJuSuvhE7Nc0M3_MkLasQyA0IUdl2eu5ZQj_bgfV2VY_NJkLJple44qe1jfsOEbmmstvvucG7s97jnMesXpt0lNnGrQMW5-CHBqc0f2Q0fHXLBthNtQinET8UTLL3Vw_dyDkOmeg=w1328-h661-l75

For sure the local junkyard will be your cheapest options for new parts if you need them. Can you give more details? If you need to repaint small areas, do some web searching on how to repaint with a rattle can. You can do a surprisingly good job if you do it right.

For sure the local junkyard will be your cheapest options for new parts if you need them. Can you give more details? If you need to repaint small areas, do some web searching on how to repaint with a rattle can. You can do a surprisingly good job if you do it right.

This..

Pictures of the damage would be nice.

Now, a somewhat temporary but good solution for any cracked panels is using Gorilla Duct tape on the back side of the panel. If you use alcohol and clean the area really well and take your time applying it the stuff is really strong and will hold the bumper together for a year or 2 anyway until you can get some money for a new one. I know how it is man I am in the same spot and sometime you have to get innovative to get you by until some money comes rolling in.

Back