2003 Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

email4robw

Reaction score
City, State
new york city
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 explorer eddie bauer
Drivers side power seat, auto lights, auto door locks, key fob controls and drivers side exterior button controls all not working. Any ideas?:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Found blown #20 fuse. Will replace and see if that fixes the problem.

A common issue many of us have had is broken wires between the body of the truck and driver's door. If you open the door, and pull back the rubber to expose the multitude of wires, you may find a 12 awg black wire broken. If so, repair it, and hopefully you will be on your way.

replace 5 amp #20 fuse. it shorted the second I put it back in. looking for broken wires in door or in boot between door and body. all wires intact so far. (door locks, rear hatch, autolamps, driver side power seat -- all not working). removed driver's side door panel -- all wires and harnesses were okay. What di I do now?

replace 5 amp #20 fuse. it shorted the second I put it back in. looking for broken wires in door or in boot between door and body. all wires intact so far. (door locks, rear hatch, autolamps, driver side power seat -- all not working). removed driver's side door panel -- all wires and harnesses were okay. What di I do now?

You have got to really, really look hard for broken/damaged wires in the boot. Thoroughly read synyster's instructions for looking for broken wires.

Here is the thread, thanks to synyster for this awesome write-up: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=270081

Hope this helps out.

Any updates on this issue. I have the same thing going on.

I'm having same problem, is there updates on this problem

there are wires under the drivers seat under the carpet for the power seats also is a common place for broken wire/plugs search these areas carefully

Back