• Register Today It's free!

2003 explorer--any major changes?

Predator1

Reaction score
City, State
St. Charles, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 limited
i tried a search on site, but couldn't find any info on the 2003 explorer--any suggestions on where to go to find out if there is going to be any major changes. i am in the market for a new explorer and wonder if i should get a 2002 or wait on the 2003.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was at my dealer yesterday and asked about when the 2003 model would be released. He seemed to think next Summer sometime.

I'd be very surprised if there were any major changes as the 2002 already represented a pretty significant change to the design.

I've only had my 2002 for a week now so I'm still in the early stages of my acquaintance with it, but thus far it has exceeded my expectations and I enjoy it more with each successive use.

as long as you like the paved road it's the way to go for that size SUV, but I prefer mine a little less mini-vanish. I wouldn't expect any change soon as well so if that's what you're looking for then why wait, just go an pick one up.

P.S. Don't forget to haggle the price down about $10,000.LOL!:D j/k but at least $3,000

Hey, watch that talk!!! This thing don't drive like no minivan! ;) (Wasn't planning on a lift kit so the IRS doesn't bother me. Just need to get to some trailheads and such.)

BTW, how's things in Leadville? Visited there on my motorcycle last Summer while going back and forth to Independence pass a couple times. Beautiful area.
I envy your location.

thanks guys---since i am on the ford A-plan there is no haggle---thank god---lol. guess i'll go out and get one, this will be the third one and i love em. only 52000 miles on my 97, hope i get a decent trade-in tho--understand with the 0% financing that used cars are not selling well.
thanks again,
JD

Originally posted by Blues
Hey, watch that talk!!! This thing don't drive like no minivan! ;) (Wasn't planning on a lift kit so the IRS doesn't bother me. Just need to get to some trailheads and such.)

BTW, how's things in Leadville? Visited there on my motorcycle last Summer while going back and forth to Independence pass a couple times. Beautiful area.
I envy your location.
Hehe. Anyway, Leadville is cold... Umm that's about it.

Back