2003 Explorer squeal with right turns only (sounds like brakes) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer squeal with right turns only (sounds like brakes)

I was thinking earlier after watching YouTube, I probably should take both sides off then apply one finger tight then the other side so I can lift the bar. Before I did one raise then the other so link would prevent me from lifting bar.

Only if you're doing it wrong.

You're supposed to jack up the entire front of the vehicle off the ground so that the sides are even and no torsion is being applied to the bar. I usually put my floor jack in the middle of the beam at the front of the vehicle and get the entire front off the ground then put jack stands on each side of the jack and lower it onto the stands.

I usually work both sides at the same time, going back and forth loosening and tightening both sides. and yes you should be replacing both sides as a set.

Can you tell if bar is bent?

20191126_215321.jpg

20191126_215320.jpg

20191126_215229.jpg

Okay redid sway links no longer touching CV axle and no squealing.

But when I drive now theres like a rub and especially when touch brakes.... If not the dust shield touching what so you suspect? The rotors? Now I have more pad so like a slight brake drag.

Back