2003 sport trac rear center widnow - mayday!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 sport trac rear center widnow - mayday!!

GWATT

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Mary, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport Trac
Hello all,
I KNOW some of this has been covered in old threads in this forum but I cannot find specific answers to my problem in those threads.

I bought my son a 2003 Sport Trac a few weeks ago... overall great condition however, three days after purchase, the rear CENTER window motor failed (window between the cab and bed). No biggy, bought a new motor and regulator, installed easily, and completed the motor initialization process.

The initialization process goes well and window works properly until the ignition key is turn off. When the key is turned back on the initialization is gone and the motor is dead. Re-initialize and it works just fine... been doing this about 20 times so far with the same result.

The instructions i've found in older threads state that the drivers door needs to be open during this process. That's what I'm doing. However, there is a post where the writer says there is another process that speaks to having to open and close the driver door at different places in the process. I simply cannot find that alternate method.

Is there anyone out there that might have an answer to this problem?

Thanks so much.

Glen

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you get the confirmation the thr initialization process was successful? I think after the last step the window will go down 1-2" and then back up which says it was successful.

I have the process in my email, given by ncranchero but I didn't see an email on you profile. But the down up motion of the window in the last step is the confirmation and the movement is more an 1"

Yessir... I am getting that up/down motion on the last step to confirm the motor initialization. Afterwards it works great. Until I turn the key off and then back on. Motor is now dead until I run it through the initialization again... very frustrating.

Did you ever get your issue resolved with the rear window motor not staying initialized? What was the solution?
I am having problems with my 2002 as well. I get through the first steps of the initialization and the window motor responds and jiggles the window but then there is no movement or response in any way. Someone mentioned to check fuses #3 and #27 under the hood in different threads but neither fuse exists in the box under my hood. So anyone have more suggestions?

Back