2004 ford explorer xlt audio hookup problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 ford explorer xlt audio hookup problems

htrimm04

Reaction score
City, State
potsdam, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLT
I have a 2004 ford explorer xlt black with platinum underglow. I was looking to hook up a 900 watt pioneer amplifier for my 2 '12's they aren't the best speakers but anyway
I got a sosche converter to splice the back speaker and send the signal to my amp.
Thus I had problem 1, the converter won't work I tried both back speakers. Then I called best but they said it had an amplifier in it already in the right side of the cargo bay that I had to splice before so I said okay and I started peeling off trim.
Then problem 2, I check both sides of my cargo bay and on the left is a 3rd row heater from what I can tell and the right is just sensors and other junk so there is no amplifier I can find in it. Unless it's somewhere else comepletely.
I need advice on what to do next. I have power and ground fine I just need that radio signal. 2004 ford explorer xlt loaded with most packages it has an offroad kit and the DVD player that someone stole the monitor for before I got it with a DVD player under the back seat telling me it's probably aftermarket. No 6 cd changer or anything or touch screen. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

The amp is located on the rear passenger side right before the wheel hump, toward the pass door.

Back