Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer. DVD/Aux source problem.

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by Railroader74, September 8, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Railroader74

Railroader74 New Member

City, State:
    Long Island, NY
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2005 Ford Explorer
    I have a 2005 EB Explorer with the Audiophile 6-Disc changer/factory sub/sat hookup (not used) and the rear seat factory DVD player. I run an RCA cable from the aux input jack to my iPod and change the audio source to "aux" Everything was working fine until today when I went to change the source from the radio to aux but the neither the aux or video source would appear in the stereo display and when I attempted to turn on the DVD player with the remote or from the DVD unit itself nothing happens. The AM/FM and CD player still function perfectly fine. Anyone ever have or hear of a similar problem and/or know of a solution? I rarely listen to the radio or use CD's anymore so this is very frustrating. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..thanks!

2. Support EF

Special! - 2 Year Elite membership now through July 24 $20!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
  4. genzyme

genzyme New Member

City, State:
    Boston
    2003 Ford Explorer Eddie
    I got the same problem....did you fix yours?

5. Railroader74

Railroader74 New Member

City, State:
    Long Island, NY
    2005 Ford Explorer
    Nope..It's still not working. Did you get yours to work??

I did try another factory head unit and it still did not work so it's definelty an issue with the DVD unit. The backlight in the DVD player still lights up so there is power getting getting back there. Other than ebay where I found the whole unit (in grey, mine's tan) I have yet to find another retailer that sells the whole thing. I'm considering just purchasing the Clarion NX501 and figuring out a way to run video to the factory screen. I really don't want to purchase an aftermarket head unit and lose the rear seat functionality so I'm kinda at a crossroads right now. I'm going crazy without being able to listen to my ipod in the car (FM transmitters suck)