1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

2005 Fuel Level Sensor Code

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by ustacp, January 17, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. ustacp

ustacp New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2005 Ford Explorer XLT
    So for the past couple of months, I have been having issues with my fuel gauge not working properly and then my check engine light coming on. Upon researching, it looks like this is a very common problem. Well I went to start my truck Sunday and it would not fire up. It acted just like if the fuel pump has died. I try it the next day and Tuesday. I decided to grab some ether and spray some into the truck. The first try started right up and then died. Made me think it was the pump even more. I tried it a couple more times and it actually stayed running that time; therefore, the pump can't be dead. It has been running since Tuesday without any issues. I still assume it has something to do with the fuel system/pump but I am not sure. Any ideas on what could cause it not to start? Everything I have read has said that the sensor would not cause it not to start so I am lost. Also it stalled on me that Saturday but I thought it was my battery terminals as the tend to corrode fast no matter what I do. It started right back up though and my terminals were fine. The battery was also fully charged.

2005 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 6 Cylinder
    Code: P0463 - Fuel level sensor A circuit high

Thank you!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.