• Register Today It's free!

2005 Sport Trac (;

DiGiTaL SmoKe

Reaction score
City, State
Crawlerado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer ST XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

every sport trac had roof rails, but unless yours has the factory cross bars, you will need to find a set. thule, yakima, and inno all make quality crossbars. you can also look into just getting a cheapo set from ebay.

every sport trac had roof rails, but unless yours has the factory cross bars, you will need to find a set. thule, yakima, and inno all make quality crossbars. you can also look into just getting a cheapo set from ebay.

The roof rack seems to already have crossbars on it. I actually did a little more research and i think they selll a part that directly attaches onto the ford explorer without any fabrication

The cross bars are part of the part that mounts to the rails. Might be able to buy separate but usually they come together.

The cross bars are part of the part that mounts to the rails. Might be able to buy separate but usually they come together.

Okay, ive been looking for the "Clamp Adapter" That fits my rig, Any help would be helpful, im new to truck fabrication and i know very few good websites to buy parts for decent quality & price. All input is helpful. Thanks!

the side rails are only 40-42 inches apart so if you get a 4' wide rack it could rest directly on the side rails. i plan to build my own after i buy a welder

Mm. I'm now looking for different brands for clamps that will work on my top rack. 130 is just too much for them. What brand do most of you all use on your roof rack?

They have them from cheep to expensive but roof clamps are a get what you pay for item get a good set so they don't rust and fall apart in the first few months because I bought a set and they already broke didn't save anything after the roof got all scratched up.

Back