Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2005 Trac Rear Sliding Window Missing Mechanism and Motor

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by winjama, September 13, 2015.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. winjama

winjama New Member

City, State:
      Corozal Town
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2005 Sport Trac XLT
      My 2005 Trac has the rear sliding window and that's it. the window regulator, rails, motor, and any other associated pulleys, fasteners, etc., are all missing.

I don't even know what to properly call all the parts. Is there a term that implies all as a group? Is there a site where I can purchase a 'kit' and instructions?

I'm currently holding the window up in its closed position with two pieces of heavy duty cardboard tube wedged in place.

I already have found instructions for initialization, but till I get all the above, those instructions are a moot point. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Cheers

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. swshawaii

swshawaii Explorer Addict

City, State:
      Kailua-Oahu, Hawaii
      '05 Sport Trac XLS (RWD)
    4. winjama

winjama New Member

City, State:
      Corozal Town
      2005 Sport Trac XLT
      Great Info

Thanks guys. Great stuff. Now I can go shopping. Hopefully I have good luck finding the regulator and motor.
      Cheers

5. koda2000

koda2000 Explorer Addict

x
      The rear sliding window is about the only one that worked when I got my '01 ST a couple of months ago. I was missing most of the guts of my driver's side rear door window and all the hardware. What was there was broken. So I know how you feel. I suggest you try to find as ST on CL that someone is parting out and go and remove the parts you're missing from another vehicle.

Tasca Ford Parts online catalog may show a schematic of the rear sliding window parts. That might help you determine what's missing. There's got to be a motor and regulator. I replaced my missing rivets with small bolts and Nyloc nuts. I was lucky that another member here had a 4 door Explorer parts truck and that all the rear door parts were the same.

6. winjama

winjama New Member

City, State:
      Corozal Town
      2005 Sport Trac XLT
      Thanks again, looking for screws and clips and code

The task of getting the rear sliding window working seems almost manageable now.

I do have two more questions - Is there somewhere to get the hex-head screws and the screw clips? I'm missing a ton of each throughout the vehicle; and finally, anyone know where the keyless entry code is located?

I've looked with high-powered flashlight in the tool panel where the slide window is located, and I've pulled the defrost cover. All I've found so far is two pens, one pencil, and a leaf.

Any help with these would be appreciated.
      Cheers,

Last edited: September 13, 2015
    7. swshawaii

City, State:
      Kailua-Oahu, Hawaii
      '05 Sport Trac XLS (RWD)
    8. swshawaii

City, State:
      Kailua-Oahu, Hawaii
      '05 Sport Trac XLS (RWD)
    9. koda2000

koda2000 Explorer Addict

x
      Don't know if '05 would be in the same place, but on the '01 the RAP module with the sticker with the keyless entry code is behind the passenger side airbag. Drop the glove box and there are 2 bolts that hold the air bag in. Then you should see a cream colored box that is bolted into a slot. Remove the small bolts holding the box in an pull it out to see the 5 digit code on the sticker. I never touched the defroster vent panel.

10. winjama

winjama New Member

City, State:
      Corozal Town
      2005 Sport Trac XLT
      Another Regulator Question

I think I may have a line on a used regulator - just not sure what year Sport Trac it's from. Still not sure either about a motor, but one issue at a time, more or less.

I appreciate all the help... really.
      Cheers,
      Winjama

Last edited: September 22, 2015