Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2005 XLT HU Install

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by JT in MD, February 26, 2010.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. jchristian79

jchristian79 New Member

I completely realize this is an old thread, but is there any way JT in MD to get relinked pics??? I just learned that Santa will be bringing me a new HU for Christmas and want to get my research done early on how to install it!

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BigRondo

BigRondo USMC 1371 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Worcester, MA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 XLT V6 4x4
    I sent JT a PM asking him to re-link the pics. His last post was in August. Hopefully he gets the PM.

4. JT in MD

JT in MD New Member

2005 XLT 4.0L
    Should be fixed.... it was a permissions setting where my photos are hosted.. sorry about that!

5. BigRondo

BigRondo USMC 1371 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Worcester, MA
    2002 XLT V6 4x4
    Thank you!! :salute:

6. jchristian79

jchristian79 New Member

Thanks JT! Now I just need Santa to come :p:

7. 98Rig

98Rig Member

City, State:
    Stevens Point, WI
    92 XLT
    the remote wire resistor pop is actually wrong in picture above. you should be using 2 resistor to properly eliminate pop. you can use a voltage regulator but if you put in a 4 channel amp for speakers you will get noise through all of your speakers from the interference that regulator does. the correct way is to use 2 1k ohm resistors with both wired to the remote wire comming from the head unit, then 1 resistor goes to the car side remote wire, the other resistor gets tied into the ground wire in the harness. this will fully eliminate the pop or close to, if if doesnt go up another resistor size max 1.5k ohm. this is comming from an mecp master technician. been in the car electronics field professonally for 9 years. so if your still having the issue, try this solution.

sorry if this post comes off as snappy. its late im tired and worked long today.

8. College Student

College Student Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Indinapolis, IN
    '03 EB
    Could you further elaborate. I'm used too mine and its jut a natural thing at this point, but others seem annoyed and worried about it. So the first goes in line with the remote turn on. Now say I had two amps, It would go between the stock amp and the radio but not before the other amp as this would cause it not to turn on? Then the second one goes on the ground wire, how would this solve anything?

9. 98Rig

98Rig Member

City, State:
    Stevens Point, WI
    92 XLT
    yes i can, u take the 2 resistors and twist one side together so it looks like a v. then the twisted side goes to the blue wire comming from the radio, so technicall it just made to paths for the blue wire (1 to 2 split) one resistor goes can get tapped into the ground wire or just grounded to metal the other resistor is your new output blue wire to the amps. if you add more amps you just tie them in after the resistors

++++++++++++++++ /--- blue wire to amp (any addit amps connect blue wire here)
    radio---Blue wire ---<
    ++++++++++++++++ \--- ground

does that help?

10. College Student

City, State:
    Indinapolis, IN
    '03 EB
    Yeah another follow up, so the other amp will be fine turning on with some loss in power due to the resistors?

11. College Student

City, State:
    Indinapolis, IN
    '03 EB
    Alright finally looking at resistors and now I'm wondering what wattage I need to get. Amazon has 1/4, 1/2, and 1w 1k ohm resistors