Jacob Linder

"Roadhouse" - Peter Griffin
Reaction score
City, State
Chickamauga, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
06' Explorer EB 4x4
Good Afternoon All,

Can't seem to get any response from previous threads so I'm creating a new one to hope clear the air, because i know I'm not the only one researching this.

I'm replacing the stock sub/amp in my 06 EB and I've already pulled everything out from the truck
2dgm6ub.jpg

25h038y.jpg

Now, the old sub is a dual voice coil. The new one is a single. My question is, would it be easier to just run line level wiring back to the head unit(like every other sub I've messed with) OR can i use the stock harness to keep from having to do this with the amp? If it is possible to use the factory harness to do this. Does anyone know where i can find a diagram of what the wires are in the harness? It seems to be something no body can find, or somebody is keeping to themselves.
zmmo01.jpg

3309t0y.jpg

66hovd.jpg

favf3k.jpg

Any information is good information at this point. I would like to wrap this up and do a detailed write up on it.

Thanks for looking!

I just added a Polk MM 8 to a stock sub box the sub was just a touch too deep (1/4") so I made a small relief behind the magnet and used a soldering iron to "weld" the plastic together. I used a stock amp and bridged it, using 1 + an 1 - from each of the outputs. Works great!!

Edit: If you properly install the headunit, just do yourself a favor and run a set of RCAs to a new amp. There is a perfect channel underneath the door trim on the passenger side that goes from the dash all the wayback with plenty of room to sneak a set of RCA cables, remote turn on wire, and an 8 gauge power wire all without having to cut/trim anything. Snag a cheap amp and mount it in place of the stock amp or on the far side of the sub. GET SOME SOUND DAMPER/DYNO MAT!!!

Hell, if you wanted to, you could mount an amp on the passenger side behind the plastic kick panel. Short run for RCAs from the radio, shorter run for power wire as well. The Firewall is almost 100% wide open over there with PLENTY of room to run a power wire through. Then just run some 12 ga wire back to the sub installed in the stock enclosure.

Bumping....I see where the stock sub appears to go, but still don't know exactly where it goes.

Can someone link me pics, or a vid, as to where exactly it's located?

Bumping....I see where the stock sub appears to go, but still don't know exactly where it goes.

Can someone link me pics, or a vid, as to where exactly it's located?
What do you mean Zagnut? There will either be a subbox on the passenger side end or not.

Back