Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2006 Eddie Bauer V6 Acceleration problem

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by Jamal, December 24, 2014.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. Jamal

Jamal New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    Ford Explorer 2006 Eddie
    i have Ford Explorer 2006 Eddie Bauer V6 Edition. I am facing a problem of acceleration. While moving the vehicle from STOP position, I have to accelerate it very very slow from 0-25 miles. If I press accelerator to the floor, the vehicle RPM shoot to 4000 and unable to increase the speed above 15 miles/hr. Then I have to stop the vehicle to ZERO, then accelerate it very very slow to 25 mile/hr. After 25 mile/hr, vehicle behave normal with normal acceleration.
    At high speed, i.e. 75 mile/hr, I am facing an acceleration lag. When i press the padal, the RPM increase to 3500~4000 for 5-6 second. The vehicle speeds after 5-6 second and RPM return to normal.
    Sometimes after passing the bump in high speed change the situation and vehicle can be accelerated normally from 0-25 mile/hr.
    I doubt there is some problem with Torque converter Clutch Solenoid and wiring of transmission.
    Please suggest the solution.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Explorer75

Explorer75 Active Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2013 Ford Explorer XLT
    The first thing that comes to mind is the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor).

We Support Our Troops!