2006 Explorer With Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 17" ATX Wheels | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer With Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 17" ATX Wheels

FarmageddonNRO

Reaction score
City, State
Anaconda MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT 4.6 V8
Here's a picture of my 2006 Explorer with the 4.6L V8 with brand new 265/70/R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 17" ATX Mojave II Wheels. The exact size of these tires are 31.65 Tall and 10.71 Wide
This is the largest tire you can mount at the stock height, with no lift or leveling kit.

IMG_9202.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's another shot

IMG_9199.JPG

they look good! My stock GY forteras have seen their last winter and i'll be upgrading before end of year. you said stock height and no leveling kit, but it looks like they stick out a little. any spacers or what offset on the mojave wheels?

That looks good. I wouldn't have though they would fit. You dont get any rubbing even over whoops off road?

looks good. So those are 17x8 with O offset? Any more pics of it more front on to show how far the tire sticks out?

they look good! My stock GY forteras have seen their last winter and i'll be upgrading before end of year. you said stock height and no leveling kit, but it looks like they stick out a little. any spacers or what offset on the mojave wheels?
No spacers. The ATX wheels are wide and poke out, and they look good and give more side to side stability.

I just installed a set of Bridgestone highway tread HTs on my 07 4x4 4.0. I only paid $200 for them, takeoffs from a J**p, 245/75/17 to replace the Chinese crap that was on it. On stock 17x8s, there is a little control arm scrub at full lock which I plan to remedy by adjusting the stops. No fit issues with the fender liners. Now it rides like the Navigator, and wife has claimed it. Oh, well...

Back