2006 Ford Explorer Climate Control Not Working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Ford Explorer Climate Control Not Working

Gus Filippides

Reaction score
City, State
Deep River, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer 4WD V6
I have a dual zone automatic climate control system. The blower motor does not turn off even though the off button is depressed. The blower only turns off when the car is turned off. All other controls on the climate control panel seem to work, ie heat control, AC, vent, etc. The blower only runs at full speed and does not turn off. The blower speed display seems to suggest that the blower speed is changing when commanded on the climate control panel. However, the speed of the blower does not change at all, it just runs at full speed. Based on my google search, I was led to believe that replacing the climate control panel would have solved the problem. I replaced it (purchased from ebay) and there was no change in the symptoms described above. I am at a loss at this point. Does anybody have suggestions.
Thanks all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didnt think my vehicle had a blower resistor. I thought the vehicle had either an automatic control or manual resistor control. Where would I find it and how would I get to it?
Thanks for your help again.

I think it is located behind the glove box just like the manual control resistor but I don't know for sure because I have the manual control. Before you go out and buy the part I would try and find it in the car first.

I didnt think my vehicle had a blower resistor. I thought the vehicle had either an automatic control or manual resistor control. Where would I find it and how would I get to it?
Thanks for your help again.
I did locate the blower motor resistor module.
Will try to replace this.

Back