2006 Mountaineer Passenger Seat Won't Move Backwards | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Mountaineer Passenger Seat Won't Move Backwards

ajohns5

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Mountaineer
I have a 2006 Mercury Mountaineer and my passengers seat will move every direction except back I checked the fuse and it is okay. Any thoughts on what might be wrong and how to fix it?

Possibly the switch or wires. check the wiring under the seat and the switch as well. could be the motor also. if all looks well visually, you will need to bust out the multi-meter. Do you have memory seats? See if one of those buttons moves it back if one or both of the presets have the seat further back than the current position.

Our driver seat had an issue where the seatback would not come back up with the switch, but it would when you hit the memory preset. After more trying, we found that pulling the seatback switch part-way would engage the motor, but pulling all the way to the stop would not. We had it fixed with some other things under extended warranty (replaced switch).

All that to say:
Try moving the switch very slowly and see if it engages anywhere. Might just need a new switch, or perhaps it can be cleaned.

Back