2006 radiator hose leak? Video | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 radiator hose leak? Video

Servetus

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT Eddie Bauer
Guys, I need your help. My good friend, who isn't very mechanically inclined has a leak on his explorer's lower radiator hose area. I'm trying to get him back on the road ASAP, and need help diagnosing by this video what is going on. It look to me that the hose is leaking near the right (I the video) at some kind of coupling area. Does this look familiar? I'm assuming it's a simple lower radiator hose replacement, but I'm not familiar with his Explorer. It's currnelty parked at a rest stop, so time is of the essence. Thanks so much for any help!

Humbly,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same problem. I have no idea where its coming from. I'll be watching your thread.

Its the heater hose, that plastic T coupler going to heater control valve and heater core are prone to crack. From the amount of coolant leaking you have broken coupler and dont drive the car. Easy DIY jod replacing it. Tried to buy just the coupler but never found one I bought it with the whole assembly. Just make sure you add the same coolant bleed the system properly after replacing it

ebay

you can get them for half that price off ebay... and do the bolt/nut trick so it cant split again

whats the nut bolt trick?

the housing is 3 pieces of plastic but on the front where the neck is the bolts that hold it only pinch the top and middle layers so the bottom piece splits... so you get longer bolts and use nuts to hold all 3 pieces tightly together... sometimes you get a leak from the back but these usually fail from the front and sides

Thanks

Thanks for everyone's help. We ended up getting the whole assembly from the Ford dealership and he is back up and running. Regards,

Back