Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2006 XLT Wiring Harness and RAP ??

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by Bercasto, October 22, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Bercasto

Bercasto New Member

City, State:
    west Virginia
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2006 Ford Explorer XLT
    I have a 06 XLT v8 with advance trac and I'm wanting to install an aftermarket Head unit because using the factory unit with my Rockford forgave 1500watt amp and subs is a joke. It doesn't even pick up radio stations that I can pick up with a 20 year old Walkman. Anyway, I can't afford the expensive wiring harness atm so I was wondering what all I'd lose using the cheap harness and if there is a way to wire it up and still keep everything working normally? Thanks in advance!

2. Support EF

Special! - 2 Year Elite membership now through July 24 $20!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Tech By Trade

Tech By Trade Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Your mom's house
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    07 Sport Trac
    Buy the harness and converter unless your time is less then a buck an hour. Its worth every penny.