Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2007 Factory Stereo

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by jxtlbtironman, November 28, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jxtlbtironman

jxtlbtironman New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2007 Ford Explorer XLT
      I have a 2007 Explorer XLT Ironman package with all original audio components installed. My subwoofer cuts out randomly, and if I leave things alone it usually comes back on randomly. However, if I wish to get it working sooner I can usually shut the radio off for 5-10 seconds, turn it back on, and hear it working again. (Though, sometimes this doesn't always work.) Has anyone had this issue? I should also note it is just the subwoofer cutting out, the rest of the audio system continues normally with no other problems. I plan on replacing components as it is, but where do you feel the problem lies, in the head unit, the subwoofer amplifier, or wiring?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. jxtlbtironman

jxtlbtironman New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2007 Ford Explorer XLT
      No one with similar problems in the 06? How about any other year?