2007 Mountaineer Nav/Stereo question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Mountaineer Nav/Stereo question

GVSS

Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville. FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mountaineer
Hey guys,

New to the forums and had a question about the radio in my new car. I tried searching the forums with no luck.

I just got a 2007 Mountaineer Premier which has the navigation system and the subwoofer/audiophile stock stereo.

I was thinking of replacing the stock door speakers with some components that I had in my last car, but I have no idea how much RMS/peak power the stock radio produces.

I don't want to replace the head unit since it has the navigation system, and I was also wondering if anyone might know if there is any type of high pass filter for the door speakers since it has a subwoofer in the rear.

Trying to get some info, or get pointed in the right direction to make sure that what I have will work well, or to see if I should buy some more sensitive speakers.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: after doing research online it looks like the model number for my radio is 7L3T-18K931-CC. After looking for specs online I have come up with nothing. Any information helps

about 10-15 watts. if you are using true components that have their own crossovers you have no need to a hi-pass filter. the crossover will take care of that for you. For your best sound you may want to look into a 100 watt amp or something. Any radio even aftermarket only put out about 10-20 watts. when you see a radio that says 50 x 4 its the max power a radio will NEVER see max power.

Back