2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer Added Chrome Mirrors And Side Vents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer Added Chrome Mirrors And Side Vents

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it looks good! I'm a "massaged stock" kind of fan and I don't think I'd do the door handles, then it just gets gawdy and looks like you had a field day on the Putco website... :D But hey- whatever floats your boat is cool! Nice look so far :thumbsup:

do you think it will make a difference that i forgot to clean the paint with alcohol for 1 of the side vents but i did go threw the touchless car wash right before installing them.

It may- maybe not right away, but the adhesion was probably compromised. The touchless car washes don't really do much as far as getting all of the dirt off. If it was a good hand wash you probably wouldn't have to worry, but it could fail- but it may be fine forever. :)

Good news is, if it does fail, Wal-Mart sells the 3M trim adhesive in a roll for like $4.00

I don't think they're actually vents. :) Most of these things are just stuck on for appearance purposes.

--chris

looks awsome. Nice truck!!!

Don't care for the fake "gangsta" vents but I like the mirror covers. And I say go for it on the door handles...

26475320029_medium.jpg

...got em myself!

do you guys know if it safe to take these off if you ever had to. Like will it damage the paint and is there any special removal instructions.

Oh my --I better not comment.

Not sure exactly. I dont think it would do damage unless you really ripped it off. even if so you would prob just damage the clear coat which you can go to your local auto shop and buy some and repair it in a min in your driveway.

spencer did u pics of ur hids and do sound clip of ur exhaust yet u said u were gonna do it have u done it yet.

hey man sorry for the delay i will have the pics and sound clip up hopefully by the end of the week

alright added the chrome door handles tell me what you guys think.

looks good spencer.

spencer how old r u and do u got aim or yahoo

i'm 18 man 19 in 3 days and i have skype add me spencer785

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back