1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

2008 Explorer middle dash bezel removal

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by relentless85, December 23, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. relentless85

relentless85 Member

City, State:
    Oklahoma, OK
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2008 Ford Explorer XLT
    How can the middle plastic dash bezel where the AC/Heat controls, middle vents and radio are located be removed?

I need to replace the climate control module. It has a large crack in it. I don’t want to break the bezel. Do I just pull on it straight out to remove it or is there something special that needs to be done to remove it.

It looks like the climate control module is held in by a few screws? Then some connectors on the back of it.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. doug625

doug625 Active Member

2002 XLS, 2007 XLT
    Is it the manual temperature controls or the dual zone with the digital temperature display? I just swapped a radio 2 days ago on my 2007 and it does just pull out after you remove the trim around the shifter and the panel from the armrest to the center console. Mine is manual controls with knobs, I just pulled straight back starting at the bottom.

4. 07EddyB

07EddyB Active Member

City, State:
    Bowling Green, KY
    2007 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8
    If you removed the cover on the center console and removed two screws at the bottom then yes - it just pulls out from that point. Wiggle it top to bottom.

5. rmcalis

rmcalis Active Member

City, State:
    Collinsville, OK
    2016 Platinum; 2010 STA
    this video should help:

• Like Like x 1