2008 Explorer middle dash bezel removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Explorer middle dash bezel removal

relentless85

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
How can the middle plastic dash bezel where the AC/Heat controls, middle vents and radio are located be removed?

I need to replace the climate control module. It has a large crack in it. I don’t want to break the bezel. Do I just pull on it straight out to remove it or is there something special that needs to be done to remove it.

It looks like the climate control module is held in by a few screws? Then some connectors on the back of it.

Is it the manual temperature controls or the dual zone with the digital temperature display? I just swapped a radio 2 days ago on my 2007 and it does just pull out after you remove the trim around the shifter and the panel from the armrest to the center console. Mine is manual controls with knobs, I just pulled straight back starting at the bottom.

If you removed the cover on the center console and removed two screws at the bottom then yes - it just pulls out from that point. Wiggle it top to bottom.

Back