2010 Explorer Aux port not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 Explorer Aux port not working

NyFord4

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer
I bought my wife a Bluetooth for her car thats supposed to not only use the car stereo for phone calls but also stream her music using the Line In port (AUX) I followed all directions but when i clicked Aux it says no Aux found (or something to that effect) I also tried using a headphone to aux wire (3.5mm i believe) on 2 diff phones and it still doesn't recognize it. Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only thing I can suggest is to check the connections going to the back of the radio, that cable could have gotten pulled loose.

Without knowing more about which bluetooth module you installed I can only offer some general suggestions.

1.) Your bluetooth unit likely has its own input and I would highly doubt that it will use the AUX input from the console that Ford provides. Again, without knowing which unit you installed it is hard to say. I suggest you search for the aux input coming from the bluetooth module and access that. On my Kenwood unit I lost the ability to use my AUX port but gained many more input options that had to be run to the glovebox intentionally.

2. Gibby's suggestion to check for loose connections is a good one and a good place to start.

I purchased a belkin hands free car bluetooth. I put it in my car, 2012 gmc terrain, and it worked perfectly. Is checking the aux connection something I can tackle myself? I'm pretty handy but haven't really worked on any car electronics. Thanks for the help

The Belkin add on looks like a very simple and easy add on.

I would suggest you verify the AUX port is working first by plugging in an ipod or other audio device and see if you can get audio out of just the aux port. My observation with the port was that it needed the volume of the device I had plugged in to be up full before I could get decent audio out of the stereo.

Are you using this bluetooth add on with an ipod or iphone?

I have tried multiple devices... iPods, iPad, and iPhone. It still will not recognize any of the devices no matter how I finagle the volume. The primary device would be an iPhone. My wife wants to stream pandora and also use it for hands free calling. The belkin device is supposed to do all of that. Again, the belkin works in my gmc just fine so it had to be the aux in her ford.

I think an inoperable aux jack is your problem then. Before you tear into the console (or have someone else doing that) try a little contact cleaner right in the jack and work a mini plug in and out a few times to see if all you needed was to clean the contacts. If that doesn't do it, then you'll need to trace the connection to locate the short.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

I'll try that tomorrow. Thx for the input. I'll keep you posted.

Back