Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2010 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 4x4 72K Miles

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by armie, January 13, 2020.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. armie

armie New Member

City, State:
    California
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2006 Explorer xlt 4.0 2wd
    Is a 2010 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 4x4 72K Miles for 13,998 dollars a lot from carmax also is it worth getting warranty for it will cover till 150k miles everything and the warranty costs 1,500 to 2,500 also I’m buying this car unseen because I’m from CA and the car is from Nebraska so it has to get shipped

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. 94Eddie

94Eddie Elite Explorer

2010 Mountaineer Premier
    I think that price is high by $3k-$4k. I have seen a 2010 V8 Limited Explorer locally with 87k miles for $12k and it could have likely been negotiated down at least $1k. I have seen less optioned V8 Explorers with around 50k-60k miles for under $10k. This being said, if you plan to drive this vehicle for many years then the additional $3k-$4k is more inconsequential as time passes. Lastly, I would never buy a vehicle from a location that heavily salts their roads like Nebraska, site unseen. I would be more willing to do this if it came from an area that does not have snow and is not from a coastal humid area. Get a Carfax and see if it has lived its life in the snow belt, has accident history and a maintenance history. This can tell you a lot about a vehicle. As for the warranty, this is a tough call. If well maintained, usually 2006-2010 V8 Explorers are fairly reliable due to the engines and transmissions in these models. A good bit more reliable long term than the 4.0L V6s and the older five speed transmissions they came with. I would be more willing to pay for the warranty if it covered more than the drive train.

4. Explorer_PL

Explorer_PL Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Rockland County, NY
    06EB V8 & 07EB V6
    Nice low miles but still too high for a 10 year old SUV with technology level from early 2000 :)
    Don't get me wrong, I still love mine, reliable and does everything it's asked for.
    It should be around 10k in my opinion.