• Register Today It's free!

2010 pcm issues

donsjaz15

Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 xlt
My 2010 explorer is heading back to the dealership for its 3rd pcm replacement. They've been in contact with Ford engineering, Ford told them its common to replace multilple pcm's before they find a good one. Fortunately for me they're covered under warranty but it's frustrating going back and forth to the dealer. It's been throwing a p0403 code. They say everything checks out in the egr circuit and wiring harness. The valve has been replaced already along with new wiring splices to the harness.
Has anyone else experienced the same problems?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm curious V6 or V8

I just had the PCM replaced after an excellent auto electric tech tested everything to address P0403 and P0443 codes that wouldn't go away. He said that it was difficult finding a suitable PCM for this truck (2010 6cyl XLT 4wd). Ford lists the PCM in their parts system but they have NONE in stock.

Call Jerry at Keystone Auto Electrical and he can fill you in on what he found with my PCM. The local Ford dealer had my truck for two months and could not diagnose the problem and I was not amenable to changing parts until fixed. 610-344-0280.

I just had the PCM replaced after an excellent auto electric tech tested everything to address P0403 and P0443 codes that wouldn't go away. He said that it was difficult finding a suitable PCM for this truck (2010 6cyl XLT 4wd). Ford lists the PCM in their parts system but they have NONE in stock.
What part of Pa. is he located in? My dealer was getting the pcm's directly thru Ford. he did not know if they were new or refurbished.

West Chester, about 20 west of Philly...

West Chester, about 20 west of Philly...
did he replace your pcm or did he find another issue causing the check engine light? how did he flash it so that your keys would work?

Bad pcm. He did full diagnostics and ruled out wiring, sensor or ground problems. He knows how to program the pcm to match the vehicle and programmed my three keys. CALL JERRY! And report back here..

Back