2010 STA Interior lighting

babacoolie

Reaction score
City, State
Brampton, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Adrenalin
Hello everyone,

I tried searching for certain images which would answer my questions, but unfortunately I could not find. If any links can be posted which will guide me in the right direction, even in terms of replacement, I would appreciate it.

I'm trying to determine which interior lights have burnt out on my truck (if they exist) and will tackle replacement (OEM halogen, not LED).

1. Gear selector bulb (this I know exists, but stopped working). I think I have a good handle on replacing this one.
2. On the drivers window switch, the window lock button does not illuminate (all others on this panel light up), I assume I have a dead bulb on this particular switch.
3. Are all the buttons on the steering wheel supposed to light up? (I have voice command / NAV).
4. Headlight switch, only the one small light on the dial lights up, are the other symbols around the dial supposed to light up?

I believe that's all I was curious about with respect to interior illumination.

Thank you in advance.

There are lights in all the locations you mentioned. All you have to do to access them is pop the trim off with a protected screwdriver (wrap some plastic tape around it) or a plastic trim tool you can get from Harbor Freight for a couple of bucks.
That's the good news.
The bad news is all the lights are, more than likely, dealer items. I had to buy all the dash bulbs from the dealer, they were not available aftermarket and cost nearly $10 a piece. They are probably like the little twist in dash button type bulbs. I have had the headlight switch out and can see where the bulb goes in the back of it but there is no bulb there. The dealer service rep said I had to replace the whole switch, I haven't talked to the parts guy.
To get to the ones under the window and lock buttons you need to take the trim pieces that go from the arm rest to the door latch handle by just using the plastic pry tool then you can take the switches out and get to the lights.
On the steering wheel just pry the trim off and I think the switches come out with the trim.
This is really no big deal. The only issue I have had was buying the bulbs from the dealer because they are really expensive, for what you get.
Good luck and have fun there might be a youtube video or two out there as well.
Kent

Back