2011 All Ford Nationals, June 3-5 Carlisle Pa! | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 All Ford Nationals, June 3-5 Carlisle Pa!

Where do you want to go wheeling for the 2011 AFN's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree Lindsy! It would be great if we could sport an "In Memory Of" decal on the trucks being in the show. I think it would be great to devote this gathering to him.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i know if there are decals available, i will have absolutely no problems putting one on evil, and it will never come off either!

Agree Nice sticker during the show to remember a great man who wanted but couldnt make it but there in spirut

also, if we are putting decals on, we should all place them in the same spot on all trucks as well (and noooo, not on the paint, i mean like a window). thats my 2 cents.

good ideas i think and no i bought a hitch instead so i have a true tow point now

Nice! You should pickup one of those clevice hook receivers like I had at Rausch. They're exceptionally helpful when you have to tow your Ex to the garage when you blow a freeze out plug. :rolleyes:

I'd definitely put a "In Memory" decal on Moose. I think it's the least we could do to honor someone. And I agree with vroomzoomboom, only on windows.

Anyone in here rebuild their valve body? I have mine out doing the TransGo rebuild and gaskets, and it seems the "end plug" for the forward controls is excessively loose.. any thoughts?

I didn't know John Rock, but I'd sport a "In Memory" decal on our rig. I'd prefer a black one on the back window.. (every decal on 'er is black, I'd like to keep with the theme, so I can leave it there permanetly).

Tifoez, Glacier is the one to talk to about transmissions...that dude is a trans god!

Glad we all agree on decals. If anyone has any further suggestions or ideas, feel free to post them. Me personally will be sporting something that honors both John and Jeff, the late friend and owner of my daily driver.

ill sport one and i wanna get a clevis thing but they are 50 bucks i dont have right now so i am stuck with my hook reciever

also, if we are putting decals on, we should all place them in the same spot on all trucks as well (and noooo, not on the paint, i mean like a window). thats my 2 cents.

my window realestate is limited, so i dont think it necesarily has to be in the same location on the rigs.

i will say i think its awsome to dedicate this gathering to john. however i do have something against the typical in memory of stickers that you see on vehicles. the truck/car or whatever, unless bult in honor of soemone isnt necesarily in honor of the person on the stiker.
personally i feel it should say something like carlisle memorial run for john rock june 3-5 2011 or something like that

does anyone get what im tryin to say?

jay, the habs one will prob end up on another truck again this year :D!
i had mentioned to lindsy last week about saying something like "john" rock run, or something to that nature.
but yea, you do have limited space on yours. i was thinking it doesn't have to be a monster size or nothing, i think something around 3x4 would be good enough. i was going to say have it on either the upper or lower corner of the windshield, but that wouldn't work for some of you guys either because that's where your inspection stickers go, unless its on the rear 1/4 window some place. :dunno:
but hey, i don't think anyone is going to look down at anyone if they don't have one either.

I like the idea Jay had. With the run date for it. That would be cool. And if it's only 3x4 or so it give a lot of leeway to where you can put it. Oh, and if it's possible can I get new decals for ORN? I had to replace my rear glass after the one with the decal cracked pretty bad.

.... Oh, and if it's possible can I get new decals for ORN? I had to replace my rear glass after the one with the decal cracked pretty bad.

I got more vinyl, I'll be making more soon for whoever needs them.

Cool. Sorry for asking on here but I was on my phone when I posted. I'll post on ORN for them.

ok soooo, I'm definitely in, registering today or tomorrow..

Can I make definite plans to tag along with someone for the off pavement stuffs? Also, I haven't read the whole thing, but can someone Cliff's Notes the current sleeping/overnight sitchiations to me?

^ a smarter Parli? :dunno:

anyway, crashin in Carlisle fri. night, show on fri/sat, crashin/partyin/wheelin? in Freeland sat. night

I'm sure there will be space in somesone's truck to ride along offroad

I thought the event was friday & saturday, with wheelin on sunday? It don't matter to us, we don't know where we are goin so we'll be followin someone anywho. Anyone know how to register with additional people in the same vehicle? Is anyone planning on campin/tenting? We're draggin ol puffy the air mattress, just in case we crash in the x.. but a fire with some mallows and a brew sounds awesome!

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all, getting to know all you like-minded people is something only EF has accomplished. There isn't enough 4x interest in our area yet. I hope to have a hand in changing that soon. I'm sure after the sas, a lot more people will ask, and get the "itch" but only time will tell!

Seconded on the ORN decals. Coincidentally, I was on Pirate4x4 the other day and stumbled upon some posts by John.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Shunk I still owe you an ass kicking/ beating. What with the comments

Change subject Last night I found I have a blown rear axle seal driver side. Which means my plans for order my rear bumper are put on hold and going with the rear locker route and rear axle flip. Otherwise **** happen

Back