2011 Entertainment Display question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Entertainment Display question

mjunda

Reaction score
City, State
salsibury nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 ford explorer lmtd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know someone that has a 2014 Limited and the controls are different for the 2011 so his interface does not do what I described above. My mothers 2013 Fuzion does not do as I described above either.

So to return to the radio station view Io hit 'OK' or the left arrow button everytime I start the car.

Can someone verify what there 2011 explorer does and perhaps if this is a setting somewhere?

Thanks

Is this something that just started happening?

Peter

I just bought it..so I'm unsure. I did a SYNC update and a master reset and no change....

I don’t know if it’s normal or not, but my 2014 stays on the station view screen even after turning off and restarting.

mjunda, sounds like it may be normal if the 2013 model does the same thing. I always had my disply of my 2011 Limited on the compass so I can't comment on this particular issue from a personal experience.
It would also be helpful if you added the model of your Explorer to your profile so it appears in the margin.

Peter

2011 Explorer Limited

Mjunda,
I have a 2011 XLT Ex. On the entertainment display on the dash, it defaults to the AM/FM selection everytime the car is restarted. It doesn't matter if you have it on Sirus, USB, etc.

The easy fix is to hit the LEFT toggle switch on the right steering wheel controls. It will revert the dash display to whatever you have playing.
Hope that helps.

Fwiw... I have a 14 XLT and it does what is described above only when my radio is in sirius mode when it is turned off. If its in AM or FM mode then the screen remains as it was when the car was turned off. I do find it somewhat annoying, but its just that, mildly annoying. One button press and its back to where it was. But I agree, it shouldnt do that!

Back