2011 Explorer. Delivery after vin # is assigned. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Explorer. Delivery after vin # is assigned.

Jruff17

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Hi Explorer Enthusiasts! I'm John and new to this forum. But I ahve question already. I ordered my 2011 Explorer, XLT, 202A, Dual Moonroof, BLIS, Power Tailgate 3/4/2011. Received my Vin# today. How long can I expect for my vehicle to be ready? Its my wife's B-day present, May 12.

Also, I since I made a deposition when I ordered, is the $1,000 rebate as well as the original price still in effect, or will I only get the current $500 rebate and be subjected to the price increases which took effect 4/5/2011?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Explorer Enthusiasts! I'm John and new to this forum. But I ahve question already. I ordered my 2011 Explorer, XLT, 202A, Dual Moonroof, BLIS, Power Tailgate 3/4/2011. Received my Vin# today. How long can I expect for my vehicle to be ready? Its my wife's B-day present, May 12.

Also, I since I made a deposition when I ordered, is the $1,000 rebate as well as the original price still in effect, or will I only get the current $500 rebate and be subjected to the price increases which took effect 4/5/2011?

Hi John,

Sometime after you get a VIN, a build week will be assigned (a Monday). Then, as it gets closer a build day will be assigned. About 7 days before the build day, your window sticker should appear online. Before that, the dealer or Seni can give you a status update. There is no other web site where you can check for yourself. You can send a private message to Seni (user FordCustSrvc) and she will let you know. She has been great. Good luck!

Oh, the dealers are honoring the incentive that was in effect when you ordered. Hopefully, they will tell you that if you ask. Mine did. Price too.

Window Sticker

Hi John,

Sometime after you get a VIN, a build week will be assigned (a Monday). Then, as it gets closer a build day will be assigned. About 7 days before the build day, your window sticker should appear online. Before that, the dealer or Seni can give you a status update. There is no other web site where you can check for yourself. You can send a private message to Seni (user FordCustSrvc) and she will let you know. She has been great. Good luck!

How do you check the window sticker online?

Is there a delay between the VIN getting issued and showing up on that site? My dealer sent me a VIN today but when I enter it there it just says that the VIN entered was not found in the system.

Is there a delay between the VIN getting issued and showing up on that site? My dealer sent me a VIN today but when I enter it there it just says that the VIN entered was not found in the system.

The window stickers seem to become available about 7 days before the build date. At least for me it has.

Vin/Window Sticker

The window stickers seem to become available about 7 days before the build date. At least for me it has.

Hello

I'm RUFF! My dealer gave me my vin yesterday! I went in today and my Window Sticker was updated. It also showed a build date of 04/14/2011. That is somewhat puzzling to me since I call Ford Customer Service today and the rep told me that my XLT was waiting for shipment!

Go figure!

Back