2011 explorer need advice, P0300, P0301, P0305 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 explorer need advice, P0300, P0301, P0305

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I have merged your thread with this one found using the Forum's handy 'Search' feature (upper right).

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sam,

This isn't a maroon xlt with 115k miles just recently purchased was it?
VIN ending in 29737

No its a blue xlt with 101k on it

I just read Wannadrag's gut-wrenching thread, and I think he is amazing for putting-up with those major (and confounding) issues for as long as he did! A lesser man would have thrown-in the towel a lot sooner. However, a couple of comments I'd like to share, after reading the entire thread:

First, most vehicles seem to depreciate quickly, especially as soon as it leaves the dealer's lot... and regardless of brand! I guess this is because, once it's purchased and leaves the lot, it instantly goes from being a "new" vehicle to a "used" vehicle? Anyway, that shouldn't be surprising.

Secondly, my 2018 (3.5L) has so far performed flawlessly (knock on wood), but I have noticed that, upon cold start-up, the lifters are just slightly noisy... but it disappears within about 5 or so seconds... and this truly can be considered to be normal. I mean, a hydraulic lifter needs to be filled-up with oil, under pressure, before it can do the job it was designed to do.

However, and in my humble opinion (and, after having been a "DIY mechanic" for the last 50 years), if a dealer or mechanic tries to tell you that constant, ongoing lifter noise is "normal" for any engine, well, that seems outright stupid and dishonest to me! Ongoing lifter noise is indicative of a problem, no matter how you slice it, and regardless of the brand or the engine.

Lastly, and again regardless of the brand, no matter what car or truck forum you look at, SOMEBODY is going to have a bad experience with their car or truck, and if they share that experience with others, then SOMEBODY else will no doubt also slam the posters' make and/or model, and tell the poster that they need to "sell that lemon and buy a Chevy", or something along those lines. However, the bottom line is that, no matter what make or model we decide to own, sometimes we just get lucky and have a flawless experience, and sometimes we don't. The cars of today, however, are now far more complicated, and there is a lot more that can go wrong than the cars of the '60's... so I think remembering that is also important. All we can do is hope our experience goes well...

Hi All,

I am really desperate with an issue I have with my 3.5l Engine.
Whenever it runs on high load and or high rpm I have P0300, P301 and P305, means: misfire detected random and cylinder 1 and 5.
right along this the PCM shuts down the affected cylinder for 30 seconds. After that it continues to run normally till next time when that happens.

I check almoste everything.
Air Intake is tight, MAF sensor replaced, all 6 spark plugs and ignition coils replaced, power braking valves replaces. Nothing. The problem is still there. The dealer is no help. Fuel system has been checked as well. Injection valves are ok, fuel pressure is ok as well, even under load.
Short and long term fuel trims are okay as well.
Now, did anyone ever had a maybe false misfire indication? Since the engine control light illuminates and flashes immediately when I feel a power loss, I am not sure I I really have a problem with the engine or if it is just a false indication which leads to a shutdown of one or two cylinders.
Does anyone have an idea? The compression is good, the engine runs very smooth in idle.
This is now for 3000 miles. I can´t tow anymore or accelerate a little harder.

Klaus

update: Issue has been found and fixed.
Since no dealership was able to find the issue, I had to narrow it down to the electronics and engine management. I shoued that, for no reason and under some conditions the ignition impuls from the PCM on cylinders 1 and 5 broke off. My original thought that the crankshaft sensor was faulty was not supported when I saw that the ignition signal was "dirty" under special contidions.
Finally I replaced the PCM Module. Since then, the issue is gone. The engine runs perfectly well again.
Seems like an older defective ignition coil damaged the module.

Thank you for the update Klaus. Maybe that may help some other members.👍

Peter

Back