Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2011 Limited Trade-In Value

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by 2FST4U, August 7, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. 2FST4U

2FST4U New Member

City, State:
    Northeast Ohio
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2011 Limited
    Without going into too many details, my wife has decided that the Ex is not working for her and wants to go back to a mini-van. So off to the dealer we go.

After driving a new mini-van, she was convinced that was what she wanted (we traded in a mini-van when we bought the Ex). I wanted her to get what she wanted.

So we have a 2011 Ex Limited with a MSRP of $44,800 (no, I did not pay retail), 7,600 miles, and titled in late February. We went to two dealers. Dealer one offered me $31,000 and the second one offered me $30,000. Needless to say, very disapointed. Yes I did expect to take a hit but that seems like a lot.

Both dealers had a hard time coming up with a value because as one dealer described, there have not been any through the auctions yet and of course none of the usual guides have the 2011's yet (KBB, NADA, Blackbook, etc.).

The vehicle we were looking at is irrevelant because we never got to the point of discussing their vehicle.

Thoughts?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. drober30

drober30 Active Member

City, State:
    Grand Blanc, MI
    2011 Limited 302A
    MSRP of $44,800 is $5k+ short of a fully loaded Limited.

You probably paid around $39k - $40k out the door after discount off MSRP and rebate/brochure offer?

7,600 miles is low but still over 1,000 miles per month since late February.

Dealer needs to turn a profit so $31,000 - $33,000 seems like a trade number. As always, you can get more if you sell it yourself.

4. Stang Cobra

Stang Cobra New Member

City, State:
    Redondo Beach, CA
    2011 Explorer Limited 4WD
    Try Carmax, they usually offer more than the dealers.

5. VinceL

VinceL Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Frisco, TX
    2013 Explorer Limited
    I'm not sure of the laws in your state, but also consider tax liabilities, which maybe affected by trade-ins vs. selling it yourself.

We Support Our Troops!