Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2011 Passenger Door Allignment

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by foxtemple, October 21, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. foxtemple

foxtemple Active Member

City, State:
      Philadelphia, PA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2011 Ford Explorer
      I know there is already a forum on this issue but I can not seem to find it. I have a 2011 ex limited and it seems as though the front passenger side door is BADLY misaligned. It is clear that the gap by the front fender is way off and where the door trim meets the center console does not match up whatsoever. I know someone put up a picture with a bunch of coins to show this problem. I was just wondering where that thread was and what [if anything dealers have been doing about this issue].

Thanks in advance!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Here ya go;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333975&highlight=misalignment

Good luck.

Peter

4. Dr Plastic

Dr Plastic Active Member

City, State:
      Newport News, Virginia
      '15 Limited FWD
      I have the same problem but the outside panel alignment is fine...just the inner panel is the problem..just like the pics in your link