2012 Carlisle All Ford Nats June 1-3 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Carlisle All Ford Nats June 1-3

parli22 said:
So what kind of additions or mods is everyone doing to their rigs for the show/wheeling?

I'm coming stock. :p

Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New for the show I'm going to have done
New rear swing out tire carrier installed and painted (done)
Reverse camara (done)
Pair of new tires with new rim (done)
98 8.8 with disc brakes stuffed with 4.88, aussie locker and new diff cover
new driver side door judges
New window regulator
New fan mount for the electric fan and new fan control
New(used) bbk 66mm throttle body
Used mass air flow from crown Victorian
new high voltage relays setup for headlights

Everything on top is Re gearing and Locke and diff cover
Waiting on new open carrier for the 8.8 I screwed up and had to cut up the old diff where my locker was could get it out

Hoping but might not be possible
Front re geared with 4.88
James duff radius arms ( haven't decide on dual front shock yet)
Like to drop the tranny your a new from seal and new rear main seal on motor

Still looking but no success in a manual transfer case yet

So what kind of additions or mods is everyone doing to their rigs for the show/wheeling?

wheel spacers.....oh, and a V8 in a sport!!!!! :D

sorry, but yea. gotta brag about that one.

Watt9386, Rausch is $35 per day but they have a yearly membership fee of $10 on top of that when you first join. You won't have to pay it again for a year. I go so rarely that I end up having to pay it every year :rolleyes: There's something to be said about having miles of free wheeling available 5 minutes from your house. Speaking of, Chris wants me to ask if you guys are bent on Rausch because he actually has permission and a front gate key to wheel *ahem* that place up here. I haven't been to Rausch since Jay's incident :)D), but I figure I'd throw the suggestion out there since everyone is tight on money. For you newbs, pm me if you want to know what we're talking about... it's not something I can post in public due to knuckleheads, but the wheeling is challenging and free.

Anyway, Morgan has 37" Mtr's now :bounce: Dunno how much flex I'll have since they're almost larger than the wheelwells :eek: but they look and ride awesome. Still have to replace my tie rods and pitman arm, and there's a lot of painting and waxing to be done but that's about it for me this year. Blackjack's 347 goes to a local machine shop on Saturday to get checked out and cleaned up. It'll probably take a month or longer, so no one's going to be able to steal it in June (NYAH NYAH TIM).

Unless I can source a good used 4r55e fairly cheaply in the next couple of weeks the Ex wont be running for Carlisle. I'll have to register with the SHO.

i just want to wheel, im down for that place if you want. if its rausch then that works to

Either or as long as I get to wheel. Had some general grabber at2s delivered to me at work today. Tomorrow they're getting mounted and n alignment done and then after that I'm sending my ride to Long Island Drive Shaft to sort out the 8.8 swap (ie pinion angle, ebrake, custom shafts) and then lastly figure out what's still leaking and I'll be ready to roll.

Blackjack's 347 goes to a local machine shop on Saturday to get checked out and cleaned up. It'll probably take a month or longer, so no one's going to be able to steal it in June (NYAH NYAH TIM).

good thing the blower is still at your place :D

linds, ill keep that blower safe from tim for ya...

is car show time yet i bored

linds, ill keep that blower safe from tim for ya...

:thumbdwn: and here i thought you where on my side. i will make sure i dump a FULL smoothie in your shoe this year!!!!

I don't care where we wheel. It'll be my first time, so rausch creek might be better it IF its deemed easier. It just means I have to bring an extra 35$.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

Are any of you planning on coming to the Mach1Registry BBQ at the Homewood Suites Friday night? If so, please let me know. We still need some people to bring soda, desserts etc. if you're coming.

:thumbdwn: and here i thought you where on my side. i will make sure i dump a FULL smoothie in your shoe this year!!!!

i see your not fluent in ruse

Are any of you planning on coming to the Mach1Registry BBQ at the Homewood Suites Friday night? If so, please let me know. We still need some people to bring soda, desserts etc. if you're coming.

ill be out there on friday

Jeff
I will be going and I will bring something haven't decide let me know if you need something specific or what I should bring

Thirded. Just let us know what you need us to bring.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We need soda, beer, desserts, beer, snacks, beer...

You get the picture :bdrunk:
:D

Back