Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2012 Explorer Rebates

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by wildcatman, June 25, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. wildcatman

wildcatman New Member

My first post here...I have been to a couple of dealerships and one has told me that there is a $500 rebate on an ordered 2012 Explorer, while the other dealer said the rebate only applies to 2011's.

I wouldn't think they both would have the same incentive, but the one dealership, which is farther away from where I live, swears there the rebate also applies to the 2012's.

I am thinking he is trying to pull a fast one on me by offering a $500 "coupon" or something like that when he knows very well that I mean the $500 manufacturer rebate.

Any help would be great! Thanks.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Welcome to the Forum wildcatman. :wavey:
      I just check the Canadian site, ford.ca, and it doesn't appear that we can even order a 2012 Explorer yet. When I did the 'Build & Price', it came up with the 2011 model. It looks like the only incentive on the Explorer is the $1000 Canadian Costco membership one and it expires June 30th.

Peter

Last edited: June 26, 2011
    4. dco43054

dco43054 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      cmh
      16 XLT
      Incentives are often localized. Go to the Ford website and check the incentives screen for your area. http://www.ford.com/incentives/

FWIW - right now the website it not even showing anything for a 2012 Explorer, and the only program for my area is the $500 Promotional Cash.

But the thing to ask the dealer who swears it is valid on a 2012 is for the Program Code. (PGMXXXXXX) That is what they put in the system to claim the rebate.

5. wildcatman

wildcatman New Member

Thanks for the help guys. I will ask that dealer the program code tomorrow. With all the MFT issues i have been reading about on here I am a little worried. But I am hoping if I decide to order a 2012 that most of the issues will have been fixed.

6. vig1116

vig1116 Active Member

City, State:
      monmouth, NJ
      2015 sport
      haaa haaa haaaaaaaa! i'm sorry, i just peed a little... Don't count on that. I LOVE my 2011 ex, and i honestly don't have it as bad as others but, don't think that the 2012's are going to miraculously be "healed" cause of the year. It's still a new system and if it's broken on the day the 2011's roll off, it'll be broken the next day when the 2012's roll on to the line....... i think it's a great enough SUV to take a shot on it.