2013 Explorer Liftgate Problem - Alarm | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Liftgate Problem - Alarm

Reaction score
City, State
Orange, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Limit.
Recently out or the clear, if I open my liftgate using my fob or the button on the liftgate it does open fine but does not disarm the alarm. I'very done a factory reset on the edge tire sync system as well as disconnecting the battery as the main ual says. Does anyone know how to fix this? I can click unlock on my fob a day then push the liftgate button and that works fine. But I was thinking to double click the fob button or the liftgate button as I used to do and have no alarm sound..Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It took several readings of the "edge tire sync system" to guess you meant 'entire sync system' (Master Rest). The correct procedure to open the liftgate is pressing the appropriate key fob button 2 times. Not sure about the issue about the steady alarm when using the liftgate button. Did you do the Liftgate Reset as described in the Manual? Does the 'gate' operate normally when you use the button on the lower dash?

Peter

Basically, the liftgate button on the fob is no longer deactivating the alarm, but everything else is functioning normally?

Are we talking about the standard horn honking when you open a door, or do you have the vehicle security system? Or an aftermarket system?

Basically, the liftgate button on the fob is no longer deactivating the alarm, but everything else is functioning normally?

Are we talking about the standard horn honking when you open a door, or do you have the vehicle security system? Or an aftermarket system?
I guessed it was the liftgate warning chime but I could be mistaken. We'll wait for clarification on that.

The alarm is not being deactivated. This is not an after market system. Horn honks etc....

If I double click on the fob or puch the liftgate button the alarm sounds just like a door is opened qithout authorization... this is the factory security system. When I said I did a factory reset I did that on the SYNC system by going to vehicle settings..I also disconnected both battery terminals for 2 minutes..
Neither help... the security system sounds on pushing the liftgate button or double clicking on the fob

If I double click on the fob or puch the liftgate button the alarm sounds just like a door is opened qithout authorization... this is the factory security system. When I said I did a factory reset I did that on the SYNC system by going to vehicle settings..I also disconnected both battery terminals for 2 minutes..
Neither help... the security system sounds on pushing the liftgate button or double clicking on the fob
A Master Reset only affects the MFT system. Your issue appears to be related to something else. Does the alarm also sound if you use the button on the lower dash?

Peter

Not liftgate chimes... If the doors are locked.. and the system armed ... the alarm and lights start flashing and horn honking goes off no matter if I push the dash button or fob - double click or the liftgate button

I'very disconnected both leads of the battery for 2 mi utes and the problems still exsists.

Back