Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2013 Explorer Won't Start (Start Button Doesn't Respond)

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by chiledemarco, December 1, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. chiledemarco

chiledemarco New Member

City, State:
    Ridgefield, WA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2013 Explorer Limited
    So my Ford Explorer 2013 Limited is giving me hard times.. First I was driving and randomly all electronics went off, back on and back off again. So i'm driving and non of the electronics is working, including speedometer. I stopped, turned the car off, and then it wouldn't start again. Start button does not respond at all. Towed it to the dealer, the restarted the PCM module and same evening i was coming home when heater randomly started blowing hot air and would stop no matter what i tried. Came home, turned it off and now it doesn't start again. Please help!

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. jmr061

jmr061 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Wisconsin
    16 Edge
    Pr-16 Exp Sport
    I am going to ask but would assume the battery, terminals and terminal block have all been checked?

4. chiledemarco

chiledemarco New Member

City, State:
    Ridgefield, WA
    2013 Explorer Limited
    Dealership said there was problem with modules not corresponding with each other properly, so they think i might need a new PCM Module.