2014 Dash pad help

Magnum609

Reaction score
City, State
Huntsville, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer PIU TT
04DE02A4-6B14-407A-B50B-BFFAF8980B5E.jpeg
Looking for help in replacing this Dash piece but I don’t know what it’s called or how to get a replacement for it. I appreciate any help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would try to contact some of the ebay sellers who strip crash cars.

Thanks guys. Is a speaker normally there on non-PIU explorers?

Can I just find a speaker and put it in there? I put an aftermarket radio in so connection shouldn’t be an issue

I think some modifications would be required. The retail Explorer's dash is a little different in that the speaker enclosure does not extend all the way to the top of the vents like in your picture. It seems to me that this was discussed before. I don't know if I can find it.......no luck. Check out the lower diagram for the 2014 Explorer; Instrument Panel for 2014 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

Peter

It's easy that piece unbolts. Take the bezel and radio out and take the metal bracket out find an xlt or higher model center speaker you'll have to trim a hole for the speaker magnet to fit down into the dash connect your wires put the bezel back on and done you now have a 7 speaker setup!

It's easy that piece unbolts. Take the bezel and radio out and take the metal bracket out find an xlt or higher model center speaker you'll have to trim a hole for the speaker magnet to fit down into the dash connect your wires put the bezel back on and done you now have a 7 speaker setup!

So it is a pretty easy mod?

Sorry to Hijack but did your get your PIU from auction or a dealer? I've only ever seen 1 on the road in Ontario and it was in hamilton where it seems every 10th person has an ex police car
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

I'm doing similar mod on my 2013 PIU. Anyone knows the part number for the speaker? I got 18808 from the workshop manual but there are tons of 18808 in the parts catalog.

Back