2014 explorer clock keeps changing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 explorer clock keeps changing

Saltymotor

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 ford explorer
Hi,

I updated my 2014 last week. Since, everytime I start my car the clock displays a different time. I never had an issue. Any ideas? This is frustrating. I have to set the time each occasion. Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is changing and how is it changing?

I had this very same clock issue on our 13 sometime back. Go up to the stickies and to the one that says "MFT acting up" I used this and it solved the clock problem Hope it works for you, or see the Dealer........best regards Plum

Thanks. Whenever I shut the car off and start it the clock time will be erratic and different usually 3 or 4 hours behind. No pattern. I then set the time but when I turn off the car and re start.... The time is again changed.

Thanks. Whenever I shut the car off and start it the clock time will be erratic and different usually 3 or 4 hours behind. No pattern. I then set the time but when I turn off the car and re start.... The time is again changed.
This is the link in the 'Sticky' section plumbago is referring to; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390880
Some people have had success in curing a few issues but not all. If it doesn't work you can try a Master Reset or better yet, see your dealer. Good luck.

It would also be helpful if you added the model of your Explorer to your profile so it will show in the left margin. Not all models always have the same features, issues or solutions.

Peter

It's always a good idea to do a master reset before and after an update. This helps clear the system's remembery. Also, a good idea to put the delayed reboot on an old small flash drive and keep it with you. When MFT starts to quirky just run the delayed reboot, usually once every few months since v3.6.2. Don't have Nav on my focus so you may need to do it more often if you have Nav.

Hi,

I updated my 2014 last week. Since, everytime I start my car the clock displays a different time. I never had an issue. Any ideas? This is frustrating. I have to set the time each occasion. Thank you

Hi, Saltymotor,

Welcome to the forum!

If you have navigation, try pressing RESET in the clock settings. You can get to it by pressing on the time or the Gears. If that doesn't help, you can follow the advice of the other forum members and perform a reset or visit your dealership. Here's a link to the instructions on how to do a master reset:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch

Let us know how it goes.

Rebecca

Mine acted up the other day- at start-up it displayed something like 10:48 (am) when the time was 10:04 or something, not a full hour off in any case. A little while into the drive it had reset itself.

Back