2014 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer

dadamspdx

Reaction score
When will customers be able to order a new 2014 Ford Explorer? Approximately, when are the new (custom order) model year vehicles expected to be available for delivery? Thanks!

Darryl

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure about the 14 Explorer. But I was just at the Jeep dealer looking for the new 14 Summit. Seems they won't be out for awhile yet. US dealers also get first crack at them before Canada will. I'm gonna get me one.

001-2014-jeep-grand-cherokee628opt.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by broken strut; 03-13-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Is there a rule about posting pics of Jeeps? If so my apologies.

Mann the Jeep Summit looks awesome especially the SRT version but the regular cherokee is way different. Check it out.
http://www.jeep.com/en/2014/cherokee/

I second Broken Strut if there's a rule for posting jeep stuff on here.

Yeah. That's fugly looking.

The 2013 JGC with 3.0 diesel 240hp/420tq due next month looks very interesting.
I'm debating between that and the explorer.

Both the Explorer and the Durango offer captain's chairs in the second row, making them more useful for carrying things. My 2006 Explorer without the 3rd row is really handy, as the cargo compartment sides are not boxed-in, as is the case with all of the newer SUVs:

002-15.jpg

When will customers be able to order a new 2014 Ford Explorer? Approximately, when are the new (custom order) model year vehicles expected to be available for delivery? Thanks!

Darryl

Hi Darryl,

It looks like broken strut pointed you in the right direction, but I wanted to touch base with you, too. I recommend reaching out to your dealership now for ordering the 2014 Explorer; they should start rolling off the line early this summer. If you do order an Explorer, send me a PM with your order number/dealer name so I can give you weekly updates on its status!

Thanks for helping out, broken strut!

Crystal

Back