2014 ford explorer limited chargers! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 ford explorer limited chargers!

Abhpuente

Reaction score
City, State
Chesapeake, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 ford explorer limite
Hello, I have a question. I have a 2014 ford explorer limited edition with the 3.5 engine (not twin turbo). I was wondering do you know if they sell supercharger kits or turbocharger kits? Or can I add the twin turbos on my car that the sport has???? Help please!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the cost of that would be more than trading in on a Sport model, that's why nobody has done it. Might be better to just get a Livernois tune for the non turbo V6 you have and call it a day.

Looks like a bout $550 for the tuner and package? Are their claimed gains on 93 octane? Are there other options?

The 3.5 NA is a grunt. Throttle response is worse than my 6.7 Power Stroke...that could be because I'm not exactly "stock."

That's the reason I traded in my Limited for a Sport. In California, modifying that NA motor to go boosted would get me in trouble with the smog police...

I have the Livernois tune on mine. Perfectly happy with the performance. Not a rocket ship but, it's no slouch either.:burnout: :D

I have the Livernois tune on mine. Perfectly happy with the performance. Not a rocket ship but, it's no slouch either.:burnout: :D

I think I may hold off. I know it's not going to be night-and-day like the tuning in my diesel, but that's not a lot of gain for the money down. I suppose it makes sense, these NA 3.5 aren't exactly meant to push a lot of power.

Back