Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2014 ford explorer limited with rear ac

Discussion in 'A/C & Heater systems - HVAC' started by Matt atkins, July 20, 2016.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Matt atkins

Matt atkins New Member

City, State:
    Roanoke va
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2014 ford Explorer
    Hello I have looked for info on how to charge this system right with no luck. I'll try and get a picture posted of reading on high side and low side but if someone has the info for the system with rear ac would be helpful.
    I'm thinking the outside temp was around 90 with a low side of 35 and high side around 325 seems really off to me.
    Or does the high side on this system run that high?

2014 ford explorer limited. Flex fuel 3.5 v6

Update

Done another test here is the readings

Air temperature 87

Low side 50 psi.
    High side just under 300psi..
    These reading was with both front and rear ac set to full cold and max fans.
    Seems the system may be over charged... but as you see with the last reading with a higher air temperature the reading was way off then.

Last edited: July 21, 2016
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.