Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2014 FWD Explorer - Rear Wheels Spinning

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by Jim Marshall, June 18, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. domct203

domct203 Pilots The Beast Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    CT
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 Explorer XLS
    Tach will go up regardless of where the driveline is ‘slipping’, be it internal to the tranny or wheel spin.

Best thing is to take it for a test drive yourself. If the rpm’s spike then the truck takes off with a clunk or bang that would suspect transmission slippage. Have you checked the fluid level?

Wheel spin is quite noticeable and will be a more gradual engagement as the tire(s) start to grip.

Good luck!

2. Support EF

Special! - 2 Year Elite membership now through July 24 $20!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Sixonemale

Sixonemale Active Member

2015 XLT Appearance Pkg
    I'm sure your wife is very attentive, but what may help is if you take your Explorer for a drive to the exact same areas where she says it spins and let us know your thoughts.

4. BerndM

BerndM Member

10 miles NE of Disneyland in Southern California
    City, State:
    Placentia, California
    17 Explorer Platinum
    Since your wife mentioned it happens at a particular intersection, could it be that there are those wide white painted lines across the road?
    If so, those can be quite slick. I know because I almost went down a few times on my motorcycle.
    It would not be hard to get some wheel spin when taking off and crossing those painted lines.
    Just a thought.

5. Jim Marshall

Jim Marshall New Member

City, State:
    warsaw indiana
    2014 XLT Explorer
    Hi All, thank you for all the information. To date I have not been able to get her Explorer to do this while I was driving. I will keep an eye on it. and update you all if I find the cause. I will invest in a new set of tires when it gets a little closer to winter.
    Again Thanks to everyone,
    Jim