2015 Ford Explorer about to be for sale. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Ford Explorer about to be for sale.

[MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] can you help [MENTION=266133]360[/MENTION]?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

360, that's kinda funny. Some people hate it when the dealership salesmen are jumping on you as you're just getting out of your car. I've had it both ways. Sometimes I just want to be left alone. Sometimes I'm looking for someone to hand a check to.

Hey, maybe they were afraid of your 6'5" frame and 290 pounds!:) I know I would be. Where'd you play ball?

I didn't play ball. I just intimidate people who don't agree with me. LOL j/k

I don't like it when they hit me up before I exit my car, but I walked around for an hour looking, sometimes standing and staring at the windows for someone to come out. When I went inside they were all sitting and hamming it up in the AC. They clearly saw me and my wife. I let the GM know about it too. The dealership owner called me an apologized but it was too late. I already bought the Ford the next day.

No it doesn't. You can reach up from under and get to it. I was looking at a previously wrecked explorer one time and saw the error for the temp sensor. Found the wiring of were it went and it was ripped off when they replaced the bumper.

OP,

You said the fog lights were worked on? The fog light wiring is really close to the temp sensor.

I don't think the fog lights repair is related. A considerable amount of time passed between then and now. Not saying I'm 100% convinced, but I doubt it. I just noticed the problems about 3 weeks ago when first my outdoor temp quit displaying on my dash, then last week when it was 10F outside, the heat quit while I was driving down the road. It was blowing ice cold air. I pulled over and restarted the truck, and hot air came out afterwards. I dismissed it as a quirk until it happened several more times I'm the following week. I also noticed I could not regulate the temp. It was either full blast heat or full blast cold. I thought I had a thermostat problem, or the vent controllers were going out, or the MFT was taking a dump. Turned out it was none of those. For the heat to quit, that's what should be covered under warranty, regardless of how or when the sensor was damaged
This is a design flaw of the truck if it is such an important part of the HVAC. Why so easily damaged by normal driving conditions?

Turns out I was wrong about having to remove the bumper. Got to work and looked it up on Alldata It calls for .3 tenths of labor to replace. Part number AU5Z12A647B. Again that is assuming that is the actual issue.

Turns out I was wrong about having to remove the bumper. Got to work and looked it up on Alldata It calls for .3 tenths of labor to replace. Part number AU5Z12A647B. Again that is assuming that is the actual issue.
thanks for the info!

They said the connector was sheared off. They sent me a pic of it but it's too much of a pita to post it.

How can that not be a warranty item?

I can see that it would not be covered under warranty if the part is damaged. That isn't exactly the same as being 'defective'.

Peter

[MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] can you help [MENTION=266133]360[/MENTION]?
As per the "Out of Office" thread;

Hey Ford Fam,

We will be away from the forum temporarily. If you guys need help, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via Twitter or Facebook. If you need immediate assistance, please contact your dealer or the Customer Relationship Center. For the CRC, dial 1-800-392-3673 OR 1-800-232-5952 (TDD for the Hearing Impaired).

Thanks for your patience!

Tricia

Peter

The service department refuses to fix it under warranty saying its my fault. I contacted Ford.

The service department refuses to fix it under warranty saying its my fault. I contacted Ford.

If you buy the pigtail and the sensor I can guide you on how to fix it. About $40 to do it yourself.

Ever soldered anything before?

BTW damage can occur at the plant. If this branch is part of the engine bay harness then as the vehicle goes in an overhead conveyor the wiring harness can be ripped off. This harness is probably put on before the bumper and front end module is put on.

I would tell Ford to prove it is not their issue by asking for the end of line tester information for the HVAC module.

Cars can ship with an error code.

Sounds to me like this issue just started happening. Had it been damaged during assembly it surely would have appeared sooner, no?

Sounds to me like this issue just started happening. Had it been damaged during assembly it surely would have appeared sooner, no?

This error doesn't show up to the customer.

I almost bought a private party explorer with the same issue. I scanned all the control units and it showed up. The owner didn't know about the issue.

The reason he didn't know was that it was in Atlanta and he only had it during the hot times. So he only used Max A/C.

MAX A/C overides the automatic system that utilizes the ambient temp sensor data.

I see. I figured that since he has been driving the vehicle for 15 months it would have been seen before.

No it doesn't. You can reach up from under and get to it. I was looking at a previously wrecked explorer one time and saw the error for the temp sensor. Found the wiring of were it went and it was ripped off when they replaced the bumper.

OP,

You said the fog lights were worked on? The fog light wiring is really close to the temp sensor.

Hi shelton, do have a diagram where the sensor is located? Mine has not worked right since the front end got hit. Did not notice it until quite a bit of time after the repair, so I figured I would do it myself.

Hi shelton, do have a diagram where the sensor is located? Mine has not worked right since the front end got hit. Did not notice it until quite a bit of time after the repair, so I figured I would do it myself.

C132 located in F-5
2011_explorer_componentviews_02.png

What happened to the 3 year 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty?

Thought I'd update the thread.

After contacting Ford Customer Care, the service manager at the local dealer called me back and said Ford refused to fix it under warranty, but since I bought it there, they'd do a one-time repair - on the house. So I scheduled it.

After getting beat around the bush on the whole situation, I set up surveillance in my Explorer on the day of my appointment, as I suspected funny business under the circumstances. Sure enough, the guy who had my ticket jumped in the truck to pull it in, took a look around my winter dirty truck, and proceeded to call me names, including dumb fu**, dirty *******, and something else I couldn't understand. It took him about 30 minutes to install the part, then he jumped back in, backed it out, and told whoever was standing near him that Ford calls for a LOT more time to.remove the bumper for this repair, buts not necessary, and he wants to park the truck for the remainder of the time to meet the Ford clock, and to make the dumb son-of-a-bit@@ wait (talking about me) it out. The person he was talking to could be heard saying that wasnt a good idea, that he would doctor the paperwork to show it took a lot longer than it did, and get me out of there. Now I know why they quoted me $400. They quoted that price on the time Ford recommends. Not the actual time. There is no effort to make this right with the customer either. They bank on stiffing people for time not worked. The part was $10, and 30 minutes of labor should have been no more than $75 tops.

I already had a sour taste with this dealer from the day I drove the truck off the lot. This just backs it up. Never again will I buy a vehicle from them.

Now I'm wondering what to do with the video of the service guy and his wonderful demeanor and customer service.

I may upload it to youtube, and when I get my Ford survey, attach a link to it to explain why they don't deserve an A+

Thanks to those of you who posted helpful content and support. I like this forum.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is absolutely incredible! That guy does not deserve a job and that dealer does not deserve to sell Ford's, or any vehicle for that matter. I bet you can get lifetime maintenance etc with the ownership of that video haha.

Back