2015 Ford Explorer about to be for sale. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Ford Explorer about to be for sale.

I received a survey for that appointment today. I reached out to the general manager, stating clearly I didn't wish to speak to anyone but. We'll see how long it takes for them to get back to me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I received a survey for that appointment today. I reached out to the general manager, stating clearly I didn't wish to speak to anyone but. We'll see how long it takes for them to get back to me.

IMO,
First, I would ask for the e-mail of the owner, and send a copy of the vid. His face will be pale white when he finishes with it..

E-mail the GM the video at the same time.
My guess is that this will get their full attention, and give you all of the leverage you would need.
In my case, I would drive them to a Lincoln in exchange.
If they don't do it, no problem. Toss the vid on YouTube. There is No legal recourse for the dealership to take. And that is the LAST thing they want to do. I'm guessing they are now understanding the gravity of the video, and now want you satisfied, and whole again.
Have a plan, and stick to it.

I'm meeting with the GM tomorrow. I'll update afterwards.

Keep us posted, how frustrating and sadly validated your concern about the dealership/shop.

After some thought, my game plan is to just let them know that after that service appointment, I feel them to be a hostile dealership, and I no longer feel that I can get fair service, or sales. That I had planned to buy another new Ford from them, but cannot support a dealership that employs these sort of manners in their business practice. I'm not going to ask for anything directly, but indirectly discuss the possibility of a trade on a new F150. I'm going to put my video together now and go ahead and privately upload it to YouTube. That way, they can see that the hammer is back, and I'm ready to fire.

After some thought, my game plan is to just let them know that after that service appointment, I feel them to be a hostile dealership, and I no longer feel that I can get fair service, or sales. That I had planned to buy another new Ford from them, but cannot support a dealership that employs these sort of manners in their business practice. I'm not going to ask for anything directly, but indirectly discuss the possibility of a trade on a new F150. I'm going to put my video together now and go ahead and privately upload it to YouTube. That way, they can see that the hammer is back, and I'm ready to fire.

l6238.jpg

I'd be careful with the secret recording. I'd hate to see this backfire on you.

Recording someone in a public area is totally different than recording them in their place of work. Part of which just so happens to be inside your car. Still, that car is inside the garage. Not publicly accessible areas etc.

They might have an expectation of privacy.

Recording someone in a public area is totally different than recording them in their place of work. Part of which just so happens to be inside your car. Still, that car is inside the garage. Not publicly accessible areas etc.

My understanding from reading his post is that this all occurred outside after the 'mechanic' backed it out of the garage. No expectation of privacy when something is said loud enough for others to hear as far as I'm concerned.

Peter

My understanding from reading his post is that this all occurred outside after the 'mechanic' backed it out of the garage. No expectation of privacy when something is said loud enough for others to hear as far as I'm concerned.

Peter
Yeah.. it's not that simple. A person can say things to others "in private". Things he might not say out on a public sidewalk but might say to his buddies in the shop. Areas not generally open to the public could carry a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Nope, it happened while the truck was being pulled into the garage, and then as it was being pulled out. Nothing was said while it was idle in the garage. My vehicle is an extension of my home and personal effects.. It's not like I set up surveillance in their bathroom. There is no privacy issue here.

Car dealer sues Fenton man over repair YouTube video

This happened almost 2 years ago, and I remember following the story, but don't remember how it ultimately ended. Either way, it cost both parties a lot of money in legal fees. Ultimately, state laws differ, and the real question will be "who wins in this situation". If it were me, I would make a copy of the tape, and discuss it with the local television station, and get them to give you an indemnity contract, so if you get sued, they take the responsibility. The other choice, is that you can contact the state consumer protection agency to discuss it with them. My final suggestion would be to make a copy, and send it to Ford Corporate Headquarters for the zone where the dealership is located. You will get the least satisfaction from Ford, but it will put the dealership in hot water, or at least the two people on the tape. If it gets to the dealership or Ford, they might try to suppress the "evidence" by having you served with a cease and desist order, or might even find a judge to sign a gag order. Remember, when you play with fire, you run the chance of getting burned.

Read this and decide........

I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to find any information about how this finally played out, however, like most news stories, there is no follow up information after the initial story. The only other information I found was this article on the Car Pro USA website.

While a business is performing a trusted service, EVERYTHING is fair game. Same as a daycare striking your child and caught on camera.
There is no recourse or defense for the dealership, and their WORST nightmare would be to actually contest the video. The last thing they want is for a video portraying their business in a bad light to gain traction where people see it in large numbers. The damage they may "sue" over we're totally self inflicted, and there is no pointing the blame anywhere else.

I went in for a meeting with the GM for over an hour and we discussed the situation, and he requested to see the video, which I oblidged. He was concerned of my intentions, but I let him off the hook pretty easy. I told him I felt it to be a hostile dealership, and that I didn't feel like I was going to be treated fairly there. He asked if I wanted to have a meeting with the owner, at which I declined for the time being. I also requested that the service tech not be fired.

His offer was personal service by himself when and if I decide to deal with them again. He promised to make every effort to see I would be a content customer and to go straight to him for any service related appointments or sales. I told him I would not release the video in good faith to his offer.

We shook hands, and parted ways.

Do I feel it was resolved? Yes. Do I think they probably talked behind my back. Yes. But I still hold the Ace, so it doesn't matter.

Recording video and audio (especially audio) on private property without consent, bad idea. Laws vary by state, in mine ALL parties must be notified that you are recording video and audio even in your own home or you are breaking the law. Frequently its the audio that gets you into trouble.

Beyond that, even if lawful, even if you are in the right and win the court case its going to cost you a pretty penny to defend a lawsuit. I get the desire for revenge but I'd just quietly stop doing business with this dealer and move on.

I'm just saying.

Back