2016-18 Police Utility Forscan Settings | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016-18 Police Utility Forscan Settings

KayGee

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Farmington, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'16 & '17 PIU
Post your 2016-18 Police Utility Forscan settings here.

Enable RKE
720-02-01 xxxx xxxx xCxx - RKE menu in IPC
726-38-01 x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-41-01 xxx4 xxxx xxxx
This is just to enable the full RKE functionality on the vehicle - There are 2 different fobs for 16+ PIUs (blue button for hatch or red button for panic - about $30-40 each) and in order to get the fobs to work, they will need to be programmed to the vehicle in IDS (check with your local dealer for cost).

Liftgate
726-37-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx Police Rear Door Config - enable overhead liftgate button/timer
726-37-02 x0xx xxxx xxxx liftgate will lock/unlock with door locks - disables overhead liftgate button and liftgate timer

Seatbelt minder
720-01-01 xxxx xx6x xxxx both on
_________xxxx xx2x xxxx driver off
_________xxxx xx4x xxxx passenger off
_________xxxx xx0x xxxx both off

AWD gauge cluster
720-01-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx

Dark Car/Silent Mode/Courtesy Lamp Disable
720-04-01 xxx4 xxxx xxxx this allows control in IPC menu (I believe this only works with PIU/base IPC)
726-32-01 xxxx x1xx xxxx activates the option
726-58-02 xxxx xxxx x1xx - IPC menu will toggle this from 1 enabled to 0 disabled (or you can set it yourself to enable feature if your IPC doesn't support the menu option)

Turn signal flashes - Partial list below - more available elsewhere if you want different # of flashes
724-01-01 xxxx x6xx xx 3 flashes
_________xxxx x8xx xx 4 flashes
_________xxxx xAxx xx 5 flashes

DRL
?

horn feedback on locking
726-38-02 xxx1 xxxx xxxx enable
_________xxx0 xxxx xxxx disable

light feedback on locking
726-56-01 xxxx xxxx x1xx enable
726-56-02 xxxx xxx1 xxxx enable

726-56-01 xxxx xxxx x0xx disable
726-56-02 xxxx xxx0 xxxx disable

disable key left in ignition warning chime
720-02-01 xx#x xxxx xxxx disable (subtract 8 from your current value for #)

12v powerpoint timeout
726-39-01 #### xxxx xxxx - #### is hex value for time on (ex. 1194 = 1hr 15 min, 012C = 5 min, 0001 = on/off with vehicle)

Right half of IPC display can show AUX switch status or vehicle image
720-04-02 xxxx 6xxx display AUX switch status
720-04-02 xxxx 4xxx display vehicle image

Disclaimer - this information is being provided for educational/entertainment purposes only - use it at your own risk

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kaygee,

I was going to send over the horn code but just noticed you got that one posted. Digging though my mad scientist Forscan binder of notes, I found a post it note that I labeled "lock feedback". I was successfully able to get my lights flashing when locking with the key fob so I hope this is the right note.

On line 726-56-01, I went from 0000-0000-0084 to 0000-0000-0185.

On line 726-56-02, I went from 0000-0000-0085 to 0000-0001-0086.

I've loaned my OBD Link out or I'd test that to confirm it.

On a somewhat related note, pages 7-8 of this brochure provide some good info about dark car / silent car:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/resource...ptor Utility New Product Updates 10-10-16.pdf

Dark Car/Silent Mode
720-04-01 xxx4 xxxx xxxx this allows control in IPC menu
726-32-01 xxxx x1xx xxxx activates the option
726-58-02 xxxx xxxx x1xx - IPC menu will toggle this from 1 enabled to 0 disabled (or you can set it yourself to enable feature if your IPC doesn't support the menu option)

Disclaimer - this information is being provided for educational/entertainment purposes only - use it at your own risk
This awesome, thanks! Enabled Dark Car this weekend, this is the first change I've made with Forscan. Dark car is working which is the most important thing, but adding the control to the IPC menu didn't work for me. It would be nice to have but not essential. 2018 Explorer XLT.

I'm an amateur astronomer and it's essential that I be able to get into my car in complete darkness to swap equipment. Preserves night vision.

Tom

The vehicle allows for up to 5 different profiles based upon the transponder key used to start the car. Profile 5 appears to be used when there is no transponder or when no "mykey" configuration exists for the key being used.

The purpose of this thread was for specific changes to 16+ piu so people don't have to randomly bounce around between multiple other sheets that may or may not contain all the info or spell it out clearly for piu owners. Can you post your specific changes and what they do?

Which one would be to "redisable" my courtesy lamps? Seems like someone "re-enabled" them.

Which one would be to "redisable" my courtesy lamps? Seems like someone "re-enabled" them.
They shouldn't be turning on/off (enabling/disabling) on their own. Easiest way to control them for 16+ is to add the option to your IPC menu so you can toggle the mode on/off whenever you want (without Forscan).

They shouldn't be turning on/off (enabling/disabling) on their own. Easiest way to control them for 16+ is to add the option to your IPC menu so you can toggle the mode on/off whenever you want (without Forscan).

Can you walk me through that?

Modifying settings with forscan or locating and changing the option already in IPC menu?

Locating it on the IPC menu. I must not be looking in the right place, because I'm not seeing it.

Locating it on the IPC menu. I must not be looking in the right place, because I'm not seeing it.
If it was enabled, it would be in the vehicle settings. If it wasn't enabled, then it has to be enabled with forscan/ids for it to show up in the IPC menu.

If it was enabled, it would be in the vehicle settings. If it wasn't enabled, then it has to be enabled with forscan/ids for it to show up in the IPC menu.

Ok, so how do I do that?

Can someone remind me what the address is to enable auto headlights? I ordered the switch with the Auto function. I just need to know how to enable it.

Can someone remind me what the address is to enable auto headlights? I ordered the switch with the Auto function. I just need to know how to enable it.
Did you get the photocell (sensor) for the dashboard too?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back